Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Time sure goes fast!

Time goes so fast, especially when you have a little one! ... or 2! Change was always something I never really looked forward to before my babies. I typically had a routine and I stuck to it. God sure put me in my place though! With 2 babies that all went at the window! Sure we have a schedule, and the girls do fairly well sticking to it, but there is always something! I sure do love them though. Jocelyn is just getting so big, she amazes me everyday with all the new things she can do. She is our little helper. She always takes the diapers to the trash, and is the first one to the baby if she cries. She knows just how to put the pacifier back in that babies mouth! She is always saying new words and is too smart for her own good!

Gracelyn is getting so big too. She is such a bright, smiley happy baby! Both of my girls have been. We have been extremely blessed and they just go with the flow. And boy does she like her big sister! All eyes are on her no matter where Jocelyn goes. Jocelyn oftentimes tries to "play" with the baby and at first I'm leery afraid she is going to scare the baby but Gracelyn just eats it up! I can't believe she will be Jocelyn's age this time next year. Babys just change so much the first few years!

We have had sickness running around the family however. Jocelyn had chicken pox around valentines day, she had had her vaccination so we were not 100% sure what it was since she only had some spots on her face. Daycare believed it was chicken pox and Jocelyn cleared right up after a few days. Gracelyn was coughing so hard while we did not know what to do. We took her to the doctor and she said she just did not sound right. She wanted an xray to make sure it was not pneumonia. Charles said she did great through it though! She had to stick her arms in this tube and it didn't bother her one bit! Luckily she did not have pneumonia, the doctor had us put her on a nebulizer to help get the junk out of her chest. Unfortnately I got it from Gracie, I am still healing. I am not coughing as badly, but I have fluid in my ear and cannot hear. It is also very painful. I am on medication now. The girls had their checkups Monday, Gracelyn passed with flying colors and got her shots. Jocelyn however has a double ear infection. BOO. She is on medication again. The medication never seems to help her much though! We have to go back in a few weeks so she can get her shots.

LUCKILY Charles has not gotten anything horrible yet. Hopefully it stays that way.

Well I believe this is long enough! Thats it for now!

1 comment:

  1. You're right the time has flown! They are two very beautiful little girls and I love being their grandma. Now we'll have to put up a family picture of all four of you!

    ReplyDelete